Friday, January 01, 2010



Hello world, Happy 2010!

Its been a great night, I finally caught up with my childhood mates and we went for the new year count down together!! So its 3:31 am while I'm typing away here, with loads in mind but not much time in hand so I'll save my thoughts for later.

If any of you are reading this, lets go out again sometime alright! :D


It all started with Patrick randomly saying "hey" on msn (at around.. 6 pm?) , followed by "you wanna go for countdown?". Something like that. He said he wasn't really expecting a reply since alot of people didn't but hey, I DID! :D & so the conversation continued with the stuff about who to ask along and all.

So it ended up with Patrick, Tingfong, Raymond and I. (carol's in china D:) I think its really fate/coincidence that all of us were free on the night of 31st December 2009, especially since it all happened so suddenly! & that we haven't met each other for almost a year! (well besides tingfong since he's in my school haha)


Was supposed to meet patrick first at 9:30 but I was late (by quite abit) so I treated him to a double scoop ben and jerry's ice cream HAHA. (of course I ate like half of it LOL). Sorry dude! Cookies and creams and cherry garcia ftw 8D.

Raymond and Tingfong came soon after and we headed to Marina Square, but the amount of people there was CRAZY so after a long walk we settled down at the place below the flyer. The ending point for the Nike Human race :D At least the crowd wasn't THAT bad over there.


Took a few photos, I'll only upload a few here for now:










(this got cropped cause there was a man squatting down at the side of the photo LOL!)


The countdown just came all of a sudden though, we were sitting in a circle chatting about random stuff when we heard people shouting "7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!" like, HUH?!

and it was over. just like that. Like, 2009's over, just like that.

The laggy fireworks was abit of a fail though, it only started awhile after the countdown but hey, the fireworks were awesome!!! I really liked this red one that seemed as though it was coming right in front of you, cool!



We had a hard time getting to Esplanade River with all the road blockages and underground blockages and traffic police and crowd, but we reached our destination in the end anyway!

Right outside the esplanade, we had stuff like taking turns to shout HAPPY NEW YEAR, it being louder each time we go one round. Patrick and I also had this mini challenge to say happy new year to any stranger but we lost count in the end HAHA.

OH I SHOUTED MERRY CHRISTMAS TO A STRANGER :D


the 1992 babies haha!


RUBBISH EVERYWHERE.


Well guess what, the white inflatable balls with the new year wishes were floating on the river with coloured spotlights that change colours shining on them! I got a few photos of them, but there wasn't any nice shots so here's the ORANGE one for now.



It was like 1:40 am by then and Raymond's dad was at the esplanade by then so we had to leave. Guess we didn't have enough time to soak in esplanade river's atmosphere and mood, plus there wasn't much time so we didn't get to talk much. Next time, perhaps :)


Think I'll end this post here, I'll write the rest tomorrow.

To those who made a difference to 2009 for me, thankyou (and I think you know who you are! :D)

No comments: